Who can I contact for registration assistance including financial assistance?
Please contact Erin Brogan at firstname.lastname@example.org
How old does my child have to be to join Boston Youth Lacrosse?
BYLA accepts Boys and Girls who are in K-8th grade. For high school boys opportunities please contact BostonYouthLax@gmail.com
Where does Boston Youth Lacrosse practice and play?
Our home turf is Saunders Stadium, located at Moakley Park in South Boston, MA. All of our practices and home games take place here. Our away game take place nearby in towns such as Charlestown, Arlington, Cambridge, Dorchester, Milton, Parkway, Brookline, Newton and Malden.
My child has never played lacrosse before, is this program right for him/her?
Absolutely! We encourage new athletes at all ages. Our coaches are trained to teach new players all of the fundamentals and our weekly skills sessions will assist in developing those fundamentals.
What is the practice schedule for BYLA?
- Our Girls in 1st-4th grade practice Tuesdays 6-7pm and Saturday 10-11am.
- Our Girls in 5th-8th grade practice Tuesdays 7-8pm and Saturday 11-12:30pm.
- Our Boys in 1st-4th grade practice Wednesdays 6-7pm and Saturdays 12:30pm-1:30pm.
- Our Boys in 5th-8th grade practice Wednesdays 7-8pm and Saturdays 1:30pm-3pm.
- Our Instructional/Learn to Play program practices on Saturday mornings from 9am-10am.
When are games played?
Games are played on Sundays from the beginning of April to the beginning of June. Exact game schedules are not released until mid-February.
When does the lacrosse season run?
Practices begin the first week of March. Games begin the first Sunday of April. Our season runs through mid-June.
What do I need to register my child?
Boys require MBYLL membership prior to completing registration on our website. Please obtain that at www.mbyll.org
Girls require US Lacrosse membership prior to completing registration on our website. Please obtain that at www.uslacrosse.org